County Superintendent of Schools
The County Superintendent of Schools provides general supervision of the schools in the county.
Duties of the office include:
- Provide administrative duties for rural schools, including staff development, curriculum supervision, teacher evaluation, and attendance officer.
- Interpret and apply school laws.
- Serve as hearings officer for school controversies.
- Oversee school elections and administer oaths of office.
- Register certificates of teachers and administrators.
- Serve as reporting agency for Home Schools.
- Serve as chairperson for the County Transportation Committee, which reviews individual transportation contracts, sets bus routes, certifies bus drivers, and monitors bus inspections.
- Classify school districts and set school boundaries.
- Review and approve all school budgets, compute revenues, and file budgets with Office of Public Instruction.
- Set school levies.
- Prepare, review, approve, and submit school reports to Office of Public Instruction.
- Maintain records of official acts; preserve records, reports and documents; and provide information to school districts and the public.
- Provide services to individuals and districts that fall within the scope of state statutes.
- Spelling Bee director
- Coordinate county schools' annual track meet